Sexual violence: again accused of rape, Nicolas Hulot denies and leaves public life “definitively”

the essential
Former minister and former host of the show “Ushuaïa” on TF1, Nicolas Hulot is the subject of accusations of sexual assault and rape. He strongly denies these accusations and announces his final withdrawal from public life.

Former minister Nicolas Hulot, targeted by new accusations of sexual assault and rape that he unveiled on Wednesday and denied, announced on BFMTV to leave public life “definitively”. “I am going to leave the honorary presidency of my foundation, to protect them from dirt (…) I am definitely leaving public life because I am disgusted,” he said.

“Why perpetuate a notoriety which makes me undergo the worst that a man can undergo?”. “I am leaving my engagement, I will not speak again, it is too heavy to pay,” added the former television host, anticipating the broadcast of a television documentary which gives a voice to women accusing him ” of “sexual assault and rape” dating back to 1989.

Indeed “Special Envoy” scheduled Thursday, November 25, at 9:05 pm, a document in which several women testify against him. Solicited by the show, the former minister did not wish to answer questions from journalists from France 2, specifies franceinfo.

New charges

“Neither near nor far I have committed these acts, these statements are false,” said Nicolas Hulot. “I have never forced anyone”, he hammered, denouncing a “system which is losing its reason”, with “the justice which moves on the television sets”.

According to Nicolas Hulot, four or five women would bring charges against him, in addition to the granddaughter of François Mitterrand whose rape complaint had already emerged four years ago. In February 2018, the magazine Ebdo, which has since ceased publication, had published a controversial investigation reporting a rape complaint filed ten years earlier against the former TV host and dismissed. Also mentioned was a rumor of sexual harassment against a former employee of the Nicolas Hulot Foundation who had herself denied.

Read also :
Nicolas Hulot denies rumors of sexual harassment

Just before the publication of the article, the one who was then Minister of the Ecological and Inclusive Transition had “taken the lead” by going to deny about BFMTV any inappropriate behavior and “ignominious” rumors. The prosecution of Saint-Malo, like Nicolas Hulot, had confirmed the complaint for rape filed in 2008, but closed without follow-up, the acts denounced which date back to 1997 being “prescribed”.

The author of the complaint, who was not named in Ebdo, was Pascale Mitterrand, granddaughter of the former president, who then said through these lawyers never to have wanted to publicize the case.