The two artists are applying for the artist’s trophies (male and female), album, song and audiovisual creation, which will be awarded during a ceremony on February 11.
OrelSan and Clara Luciani, each cited in four categories, dominate the nominations for the 37th Victories of Music, revealed Monday evening. The two artists are applying for the artist’s trophies (male and female), album, song and audiovisual creation, which will be awarded during a ceremony on February 11.
OrelSan, 39, is the hinge artist at the end of 2021 / early 2022, surfing on public and critical success. “Civilization”, released in November (the same day as the British Adele’s blockbuster “30”), is the best-selling album in France in 2021 (more than 335,000 copies), according to the classification of the National Union of phonographic publishing (Snep).
With “Heart”, released in June 2021, Clara Luciani, 29, has signed an ideal second album to celebrate the deconfinement that was taking shape for the summer of 2021 (11th in sales in 2021 with more than 155,000 copies). Without forgetting some strong feminist messages, as usual with the author of “La Grenade”, hit from his previous opus.
- Male artist: Julien Doré, Fire! Chatterton, OrelSan
- Female artist: Juliette Armanet, Hoshi, Clara Luciani
- Album of the year: “Burn the fire”, Juliette Armanet; “Palace of clay”, Fire! Chatterton; “Heart”, Clara Luciani; “Civilization”, OrelSan, “Geography of the void”, Hubert-Félix Thiéfaine.
- Song : “The last day of disco”, Juliette Armanet; “Brussels I love you”, Angèle; “New World”, Fire! Chatterton; “Breathe again”, Clara Lucian; “The smell of gasoline”, OrelSan
- Audiovisual creation: “Bruxelles, je t’aime”, Angèle; “The rest”, Clara Luciani; “Never show that to anyone”, OrelSan
- Concert : Hervé, Ben Mazué, Woodkid
- Male revelation: Black Dog, Myd, Terrenoire
- Female revelation: The Empress, Barbara Pravi, Silly Boy Blue
- Most streamed album for an artist: “Jvlivs II”, SCH ;
- Most streamed album for an artist: “Aya”, Aya Nakamura